Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Faith and Trust

Once again David Brooks' (Patio Man Revisited) myopic view misses the larger point. In 1994, 2000, and most glaringly in 2004 a majority of American's put their faith and trust in the Republican Party. The Republicans screwed the pooch and America knows that Republicans have violated the sacred trust that we Americans grant, through our votes, our leaders.

My kids were born in the late 70's and early 80's. They have, until now, never known adverse times. I got an email from one of my kids today lamenting about the trouble some of here friends are in. They are losing jobs right and left (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/10/yahoo-as-expect.html). I am worried about my kids future.

I was born in 1947. It is likely that most of the rest of my life will be lived in times that are "less than" yesterday. The Republicans represent greed and self interest...their narrow view astounds me; "A rising tide raises all ships" and when the tide goes out, the beach bares its naked self.

No comments: